Have you ever approached a business for the first time and noticed a cracked, uneven parking lot filled with potholes? Not only is this dangerous for employees and customers, but it also creates a wrong first impression for the company. If this is the case for your business, it may be time to redo your parking lot and roads.
When a business needs to redo its office parking lot or roads, the first step is to research which material might be the best for the job.
Asphalt paving is a widespread practice and leads to great results, but there are a few things to note before getting started. Here is everything you need to know about asphalt paving:
- Asphalt Should Be Laid In The Summer: While it may seem hard to believe because asphalt itself is already hot, the best time to lay asphalt is during the summertime. This material requires warm to mild temperatures to set correctly.
- It Needs To Be Cared For: It is essential to have your newly poured asphalt seal coated sometime during the first two years. If this is done correctly, then asphalt should be relatively low maintenance. However, be sure to keep up with the seal coating every three to four years to avoid further issues. Also, to prolong the life of your asphalt, be sure to fill in any cracks and potholes as soon as possible.
- Use High-Quality Materials: When your company needs to decide what asphalt materials to use, consider using the best, as offered by Pro-Pave, Inc. Asphalt paving can be strong, aesthetically pleasing, and cost-affordable when done right.
- Asphalt Is Common & Typically Recycled: Did you know that most of the asphalt we see being used every day was recycled from a previous project? It’s true! Asphalt is one of the most commonly recycled products in the world. Also, it is prevalent; Asphalt makes up about 90% of commercial parking areas and can even be traced back to being used in 625 B.C.!
- Hire A License Professional: When hiring a professional, be sure to verify a contractor’s license and bond status as well as their complaint resolution history. Both the National Asphalt Paving Association and The Better Business Bureau suggest doing this to avoid any conflict – present or future.
Connect With Pro-Pave, Inc.
Pro-Pave, Inc. has established a reputation as one of the Washington, DC area’s most reliable paving companies. We know everything to know about asphalt paving.
We currently offer these asphalt services for roads, parking lots, and more: Excavation, Asphalt Stone Work, Asphalt Grading, Asphalt Paving, Asphalt Patching, Asphalt Milling, Asphalt Sealcoating, Asphalt Crack Sealing, and Asphalt Striping and Signage.